CPU + Wordpress + speed

bigquestion

Hello,

Couple of questions.

I run a low traffic WP site of about 1000 visits per day. With peaks up to 5,000.

I've no real issues with bandwidh at about 40 GB per month

My current host is just fine, apart from speed. I'm getting about 4-6 sec page load times with caching etc enabled.

I transfered the whole site to another host to test it out without traffic.

Speed was greatly improved and we are down to about 1.5 seconds :)

The problem is CPU usage. Even without being live I'm running into 100% usage. I've disabled high usuage plugins like YARPP, and am left with quite a few but all low usage apart from WP SEO, and W3TC. And still she spikes. Either way, without the plugins I'm not happy!

So I'm not going to be able to use that host considering they can't handle WP it seems.

Given the above how is Hawk Host with CPU and Wordpress and speed?

Thanks

I have 3 shared web hosting accounts with Hawk Host, each account has about 25 Wordpress blogs with a total of 3,000 daily uniques on each account. The CPU usage stays around 0-16% average usage (will spike to 100% for a minute or so every now and then)...and the speed is amazing.

You seriously can't go wrong with hosting at Hawk Host. I need my blogs up all of the time to be making extra income and I trust Hawk Host completely. The customer service is fantastic, speed is amazing, and uptime is AWESOME. I found out about Hawk Host about a year and a half ago through the WHT forums and have been with them ever since. Hawk Host is the only web host I trust to host my blogs.

Sorry, I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but I always recommend Hawk Host to anyone looking for web hosting. Just give them a try, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.