GD Library

chris.whiteley

I am running the timthumb image resizer script on one of my blogs and I am having some trouble getting it to work. I checked out some trouble shooting sites and one of the tings that is suggested to check is whether or not your web host has Gd Library installed.

How can I check to see if this is installed? Or does anyone know if Hawkhost has this installed?

Thanks!

I'm suspecting the script has to write the image (the generated thumbnail) to the file system and the directory it is writing to does not have adequate permissions. There should be no limitations imposed by Hawkhost as the servers here have up to date PHP, GD and ImageMagick.

Try chmodding the directory it writes the images to from 755 (or whatever it was previously) to 777 through your FTP client, e.g. Filezilla.

I'm suspecting the script has to write the image (the generated thumbnail) to the file system and the directory it is writing to does not have adequate permissions. There should be no limitations imposed by Hawkhost as the servers here have up to date PHP, GD and ImageMagick.

Try chmodding the directory it writes the images to from 755 (or whatever it was previously) to 777 through your FTP client, e.g. Filezilla.

In our environment 777 will not work as we run suPHP and it restricts this. The reason being the php runs as the user so 777 which gives anyone write access is unnecessary and dangerous in our environment. 755 is enough for something to write to a folder.

So basically in our environment upload everything and the permissions will already be correct.