Ecwid Shopping Cart

terryr211

Hello,

I'm searching for a new hosting service for our company and I like what I see here. Any known compatibility problems between Hawkhost and Ecwid? We do silkscreening and embroidery for sports and dance teams and I would like to set up a few small stores for some of the schools/studios we do business with.

Thanks,

Terry

• 2 months later...

I am very close to being ready to switch over. Is there a link you can give me that clearly lists(in order)the steps we must follow to switch hosting over to you? Hopefully directions a lay person can understand. I'm not a web designer...just taking charge of this project and learning in the process. I am using Xara Web Designer Pro and know that I will need an additional program that allows me to see the code so I can cut and paste a few lines in to get the Ecwid shopping cart working. Can you suggest a simple program for this purpose? Don't believe I'll need it for any other purpose other than a simple cut and paste.

If you'd like, our support team can assist in migrating the files over for you. Steps on getting that setup can be found here: https://support.hawkhost.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=154

Our control panel, cPanel, has a basic file manager which also includes a text editor so if you're required to open, edit or modify existing files in your account you can use that very easily to get it done. It's all web based with a graphic interface (nothing done via command line) so that sounds like it'll do the trick for you.

Domain transfers can be handled right through our site at https://my.hawkhost.com/domainchecker.php?search=bulktransfer -- the cost to make us the registrar is $9.95 per domain per year and that includes privacy protection.

As for your cart we should be able to get that going when we migrate all your files (if you have us end up doing it). As far as getting the cart going if you run into issues you can contact our support team we should be able to sort out exactly what is wrong and how to fix it.

• 1 month later...

The support desk uses a different login than the forum. If you haven't submitted a ticket previously you wouldn't have an active helpdesk account. Submitting a ticket directly through https://support.hawkhost.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit will create an account for you. As for email you could modify your DNS zones to use an external provider (through your MX records) though we do offer email so we could provide that as well.