IPB 3.2

Pereira

Do you support hosting IPB 3.2 (aka what this forum is running) on your shared hosting?

I am based in Europe, do you have any European servers available?

I only want to pay for hosting. Will there be any other payments other than for example the standard shared hosting $4.96/mo one year pre-payment?

Hello,

IPB runs fine on our servers as support all the requirements. As far as servers in Europe not at this time but the current ETA is some time in q4 of this year we will have servers in Amsterdam.

As far as payment you can pay for just hosting you do not need to register the domain with us. There is an option on the order form to just update your nameservers.

That sounds great. Would I be able to get transferred to a European server when it arrives?

What server would you recommend for a European based site?

Also what are the restrictions on image hosting? Would I be able to enable attachments on the forum and if so how big can the images be?

That sounds great. Would I be able to get transferred to a European server when it arrives?

What server would you recommend for a European based site?

Also what are the restrictions on image hosting? Would I be able to enable attachments on the forum and if so how big can the images be?

I can't say this for sure but most likely we'd be able to transfer you to a European server when they come available. As for right now most users in Europe prefer our Washington DC location as it's the closest. As far as image hosting no limits there besides your space. My only recommendation is make sure your forum is set to store in the file system and not the database. Storing tons of images in the database will make things slow real fast.

That's great!

That is the default way the images are stored right?

What is the PHP memory limit on your servers in Washington? I recall seeing IPB recommending 128MB memory limit.

Will I get a warning if my account is using too many resources etc before I get suspended for any reason?

Do you support Visa Debit Card as a payment option?

I'm not sure on the default way images are stored I'm sure there is a setting about it though.

Our PHP memory limit is 128mb.

Our system automatically limits CPU and can be viewed in your control panel. If there is abuse we're not limiting we try to inform you ahead of time but that cannot always be the case. If you're crashing a server we'd obviously disable you and email you rather than waiting around and having you effect an entire server.

As far as payment method if it works like a regular Visa card then it should be fine. I'm not familiar with their debit variation to know if it acts online like a normal credit card.

It would technically be against our terms of service. We don't actively go searching for them. Most of them though don't run well in a shared environment even if they're allowed. All the constant refreshing you end up hitting limits and slowing down your actual site. PHP + mySQL is not an ideal system to be running chat systems off of.