CloudFlare

mike36

Hawkhost team,

After reading your blog post on Wordpress performance I decided to install W3 Total Cache plugin across my network. I also recently discovered CloudFlare and was wondering what your thoughts are. Do you recommend them, are our shared accounts compatible, ect? It seems like an interesting service, please let me know.

CloudFlare protects and accelerates any website online. Once your website is a part of the CloudFlare community, its web traffic is routed through our intelligent global network. We automatically optimize the delivery of your web pages so your visitors get the fastest page load times and best performance.

Thanks,

-Mike

Heard of them about a month ago and if memory serves they did win some awards / honors for a new technology innovation for 2010 (TechCrunch comes to mind).

As far as if they're compatible, yep it should be. Again if memory serves you update your nameservers to theirs so they take control of your DNS zone and you then use an A record to point to our servers so we still have the content but they control the DNS.