Are we allowed to do server-side security optimizations?

Techishare

I am a blogger and I use wordpress. There are many tutorials on how to optimize wordpress, along with playing .htaccess (Is this server side optimization?), I always do them but still like securing my blog after seeing recent hacks at GoDaddy and Dreamhost...

Am I allowed to do this ?

http://tldp.org/LDP/lame/LAME/linux-admin-made-easy/security.html

Also, can anyone tell me how to secure my blog... including server side security.

I am a blogger and I use wordpress. There are many tutorials on how to optimize wordpress, along with playing .htaccess (Is this server side optimization?), I always do them but still like securing my blog after seeing recent hacks at GoDaddy and Dreamhost...

Am I allowed to do this ?

http://tldp.org/LDP/lame/LAME/linux-admin-made-easy/security.html

Also, can anyone tell me how to secure my blog... including server side security.

You can do anything you like within .htaccess however the things mentioned in your link is essentially our job. You'll have to take it in faith that we maintain our systems and do our best to secure the environment. Unfortunately in a shared / service based environment you have to relinquish some control.

You can do anything you like within .htaccess however the things mentioned in your link is essentially our job. You'll have to take it in faith that we maintain our systems and do our best to secure the environment. Unfortunately in a shared / service based environment you have to relinquish some control.

Thanks for the reply Cody, I have faith in you people. Your support has been great and I believe that you people are taking enough security measures to keep us safe, unlike other hosts who blame bloggers for the loop holes they have.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Cody, I have faith in you people. Your support has been great and I believe that you people are taking enough security measures to keep us safe, unlike other hosts who blame bloggers for the loop holes they have.

Good to hear - we do our best. Keep in mind the majority of hacks are from outdated software such as WordPress or Joomla, simply keeping scripts such as these up-to-date automatically dissolve a lot of threats.