Changing my domain name

madman1

Hi,

Currently i have a shared hosting package with domain name xyz123.com with Hawkhost (Hawkhost controls both domain and server). Next week, i plan on taking another domain name that i have(1234abc.com) with godaddy and replacing the xyz123.com here at Hawkhost. I hope im clear here. :blink:

Is there a tutorial on how get my godaddy domain name to work on my hawkhost shared package?

I know there's something that i have to do with the DNS

Hi,

Currently i have a shared hosting package with domain name xyz123.com with Hawkhost (Hawkhost controls both domain and server). Next week, i plan on taking another domain name that i have(1234abc.com) with godaddy and replacing the xyz123.com here at Hawkhost. I hope im clear here. :blink:

Is there a tutorial on how get my godaddy domain name to work on my hawkhost shared package?

I know there's something that i have to do with the DNS

You have a couple of options after you point the name servers to ns1.hawkhost.com and ns2.hawkhost.com:

1) You can add the 1234abc.com as an addon domain or parked domain within cPanel

2) You can submit a ticket to our support department requesting the main domain on your account to be changed to 1234abc.com from xyz123.com

If you're completely getting rid of your current primary domain the latter option is the best solution for you.

You have a couple of options after you point the name servers to ns1.hawkhost.com and ns2.hawkhost.com:

1) You can add the 1234abc.com as an addon domain or parked domain within cPanel

2) You can submit a ticket to our support department requesting the main domain on your account to be changed to 1234abc.com from xyz123.com

If you're completely getting rid of your current primary domain the latter option is the best solution for you.

thanks Cody.

this is helpful :)