hammett

In signing up as a new user, I get three choices: A register a new domain, B transfer an existing domain, or C update my nameservers.

Now I think what i'm trying to do is choice B. But when I check that, I'm obligated to extend the registration for $10 a year. But my domain has just been renewed and has 11 months left.

Then too, the software proudly says my domain is available, which it is not, as I already own it for 11 more months, anyway.

So is choice C what I'm looking for? I'm transferring from my current web host. Thanks for your help.

(I would extend the registration of the domain name -- but the name is kinda poor and I'm trying to save enough to pay a famous "disposable email address" site for years of "free" service due to their software glitch.)

In signing up as a new user, I get three choices: A register a new domain, B transfer an existing domain, or C update my nameservers.

Now I think what i'm trying to do is choice B. But when I check that, I'm obligated to extend the registration for $10 a year. But my domain has just been renewed and has 11 months left.

Then too, the software proudly says my domain is available, which it is not, as I already own it for 11 more months, anyway.

So is choice C what I'm looking for? I'm transferring from my current web host. Thanks for your help.

(I would extend the registration of the domain name -- but the name is kinda poor and I'm trying to save enough to pay a famous "disposable email address" site for years of "free" service due to their software glitch.)

You're likely looking for the third option "Update My Nameservers". The second option will literally transfer the ownership of the domain from your current registrar over to ours and renew it for an additional year (just how transfers work).

The system however should not be showing your domain available if it's not. If that's the case please contact our support department and let us know what domain you're using / having issues with.