Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Tony

So who here is playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2? I ended up buying it for my Xbox 360 as it sounded like the PC version was basically the Console version which in other words means it wasn't going to be very good on PC.

I've already beat the single player which was pretty sick although as always it feels short but maybe that's because it was just so awesome? Based on the ending already convinced there will probably be either a third one or even an expansion on this one then a third one.

So anyone else who has it what are your thoughts on it thus far? I'm pretty impressed by it but I haven't really got into the multiplayer as of yet. I just went on a serious gaming marathon to beat the single player in less than a day.

I picked it up on Xbox 360 and I'm still working through the campaign. I dived into the multiplayer for a couple of sessions and the depth of the new multiplayer perks is really quite refreshing. Having predator drones, AC-130s, etc. makes for an intense multiplayer game. Toss in some bonuses for death streaks to help get players back in the game is also welcome as its tries to level out the playing field.

Much better than CoD4, a welcome addition to the franchise. If World at War received a similar sequel, I might even pick that one up as well..

• 2 weeks later...

I picked it up myself but as I fail at aiming with a controller, I have it on the PC... I've only played the multiplayer bit so far as I have some other games in the line before I get onto the single player... having said that, MP is awesome!

Being a Counter Strike player for so long, and putting up with the bugs etc... I guarentee you if they came out with dedi servers for it, it would blow CS:S out of the market...

Did you not hear about MW3? Its already in development, you can see the news release http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ultra_realistic_modern_warfare?utm_source=videoembed :D (Possibly NSFW)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is NOT CoD6.

There isnt number in the title... I ask that you please stop giving it one.

That also goes to you WW people calling it CoD5.

Think of these two games as "expansion packs".

For true CoD fans there are 8 installments of CoD.

Soon to be 9.

-

Call of Duty

Call of Duty: United Offensive

Call of Duty: Finest Hour

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One

Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: World At War Expansion of CoD3 with CoD4 Engine

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Expansion of CoD4:MW

--

Not trying to flame you... its just a really big petpeeve.

Non-the-less I cant wait to see you all on the battlefield.

New GT: AkAPANDEMiC