WDC006 server database not responding

reSabi

Greetings,

My database server seems to be unavailable at the moment, causing errors on my websites.

I'm on WDC006 server, if that's of any help.

System administrators found several users abusing MySQL which have since been disabled.   The issue has been resolved for quite some time is my understanding.

Greetings,

My database server seems to be unavailable at the moment, causing errors on my websites.

I'm on WDC006 server, if that's of any help.

last couple of days my site on wdc006 sees frequent 

"SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections" errors - without any increased user access.

(can't attach a file showing this, the forum software constantly gives error when uploading an attachment.)

yesterday, without changing anything, there were suddenly tens of thousands of error messages generated from php notices, rendering the site inaccessible. had to turn error reporting off completely, to make it work again. why that? did you change the php version?

and theres still the problem of frequent "low build time - extremely long delivery time" pages.

wdc006 feels a little out of touch lately... 

last couple of days my site on wdc006 sees frequent 

"SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections" errors - without any increased user access.

(can't attach a file showing this, the forum software constantly gives error when uploading an attachment.)

yesterday, without changing anything, there were suddenly tens of thousands of error messages generated from php notices, rendering the site inaccessible. had to turn error reporting off completely, to make it work again. why that? did you change the php version?

and theres still the problem of frequent "low build time - extremely long delivery time" pages.

wdc006 feels a little out of touch lately... 

Unfortunately there has been some major abuse lately on this server.  We remove one abuser another decides to run the same sort of abusive application and while CloudLinux is good for CPU usage for PHP it's not there for MySQL usage.  Unfortunately we've been a little slower than we'd like on wdc006 and weeding out the users who are causing the issues.

Now the next point the PHP errors it sounds like your application does not support PHP 5.3.  In our announcement http://blog.hawkhost.com/2013/05/11/out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new-moving-to-php-5-3-and-mysql-5-5/ we were switching everyone to PHP 5.3 who had not specifically selected a PHP version in their cPanel.  wdc006 was one of the servers that had some issues with the upgrade and just now got it.  I would highly advise though if your application requires PHP 5.2 to investigate if there is an update to resolve that.  PHP 5.3 has a 20% performance improvement over 5.2 so it's really something everyone should at a minimal be able to run.