Sign in to follow this  
Corey Lanier

Able to change nameserver for subdomain?

I'm hosting a full stack app via Zeit Now, and was wanting to have a subdomain on my domain parked on Hawk Host. However, Zeit requires me to edit the Nameservers on the subdomain, but I only find the ability to do this for the entire domain.

Is there a way to do this for only a specific subdomain?

Hello! Unfortunately it's not possible to set different nameservers on subdomains as they inherit the nameservers from the root/parent domain and there's no way to circumvent that. In situations like this what you'd instead do is add an A record for your subdomain to point it to your desired host, and that would be done through your nameserver/DNS provider.

So we'll use hawkhost.com as an example. Our site is hosted through Cloudflare / using their nameservers/DNS, but now I want to point a subdomain test.hawkhost.com to a non-Cloudflare host. I'd login to Cloudflare (nameserver/DNS provider) and point the DNS A record for test.hawkhost.com to the non-Cloudflare host IP.

If you need our help setting this up on your services with us you'd be best to submit a ticket at https://my.hawkhost.com/submitticket.php so our team can pull up your details and provide instructions specific to your account :)