Best WP Cache Plugin?

Vote for your favorite WordPress cache plugin  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite WP cache plugin?

• WP Super Cache
    • Hyper Cache
    • W3 Total Cache
    • Really Static
    • DB Cache Reloaded
    • Quick Cache

Which plugin is the best for WordPress caching?

I'd be curious to see what people say. I've been using WP-Super-Cache for about a year with no problems, but I just switched to a new theme and it doesn't seem to work as well with WP-Super-Cache (a user won't always see his comment appear right away). I'm going to switch to W3 Total Cache soon, and see how that compares.

I'd be curious to see what people say. I've been using WP-Super-Cache for about a year with no problems, but I just switched to a new theme and it doesn't seem to work as well with WP-Super-Cache (a user won't always see his comment appear right away). I'm going to switch to W3 Total Cache soon, and see how that compares.

I've heard W3 Total Cache is a good all-rounder cache plugin. Try disabling the minifying and compression options to make it go faster.

• 1 year later...

My "not-even-completely-started-yet" Wordpress site is being totally hit by comment spammers (300+ comments/day), so I started looking into the caching plugins.

What I understood is that W3 Total Cache is great for blogs hosted at VPS or dedicated servers, cause it has plenty of additional settings, which allow you to rock big time if you have access to the server settings.

I'm on the HH.Shared and my site isn't that popular, so I would really like to hear some reviews from the users of Hyper Cache or Quick Cache.

These plug-ins seem to do the job and look like a good alternative (at least) for the first time.

Most likely previously it was never serving the caches properly. Some themes cause the caches to go stale extremely fast. The way you're describing it is exactly how it should be as comments are not critical to be instant. So it can serve the same cache file more times before clearing it out.

My "not-even-completely-started-yet" Wordpress site is being totally hit by comment spammers (300+ comments/day), so I started looking into the caching plugins.

What I understood is that W3 Total Cache is great for blogs hosted at VPS or dedicated servers, cause it has plenty of additional settings, which allow you to rock big time if you have access to the server settings.

I'm on the HH.Shared and my site isn't that popular, so I would really like to hear some reviews from the users of Hyper Cache or Quick Cache.

These plug-ins seem to do the job and look like a good alternative (at least) for the first time.

For the comment spam the caching plugin isn't really going to solve the root of the problem. You need to install a plugin to make their spamming less effective.

As far as caching plugins I'd stick to w3 total cache or wp super cache. The reason being I've found the alternatives do not do a very good job cleaning up. So if you have 1000 posts it's going to be 1000 files at a minimum even if the majority the posts are not even visited anymore. There is no point in using up space and making a huge mess for a page that only gets visited twice a day.

• 2 months later...

WP Super Cache is best

This plugin generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a html file is generated your webserver will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.

The static html files will be served to the vast majority of your users, but because a user's details are displayed in the comment form after they leave a comment those requests are handled by the legacy caching engine. Static files are served to:

1. Users who are not logged in.
  2. Users who have not left a comment on your blog.
  3. Or users who have not viewed a password protected post.

• 1 year later...

Recommended Settings

Advanced users will probably want to use mod_rewrite caching, but PHP caching is almost as good and recommended for everyone else. Enable the following:

• PHP caching.
  • Compress pages.
  • Don't cache pages for known users.
  • Cache rebuild.
  • CDN support.
  • Extra homepage checks.