Pre-Sales Questions

ncsweb

Been reading reviews and browsing these forums. Thinking of signing up and just wanted to ask a little more about Hawk before I take the plunge.

My first dilemma is that I have an existing site based on cpanel that I need to transfer over, do you offer assistance in this area? Transferring many sites including add-on domains and databases is a pain.

Second, I have seen nothing but good reviews, just not a huge amount of them so it appears the service and support is reliable. I wondered what your support team consists of? I've seen Tony making a lot of responses, do you handle everything or is there true 24/7 support?

Finally, what data center company do you operate out of, if you don't mind disclosing? I understand if you don't so maybe that's a little forward.

Thanks for your time and responses. Just looking for somewhere reliable. The current host I'm with, where I won't name names, *cough*Cirtex Hosting*cough*, just went through 40+ hours of downtime on the server I was on and gave me a $5 credit. I was livid and am not dealing with them anymore.

Well first off I'm glad you haven't found any bad reviews of us - but that's one thing we've noticed.. our customers don't post many reviews (and the ones that have have been positive.. thanks guys)!

I'll handle your questions in order here:

1) As long as your other cPanel provider allows remote backups / transfers we can do this for you - once you signup just submit a ticket and we'll get this rolling for you.

2) We can't disclose the amount of staff that work for us but we have people around the clock answering tickets and such. Tony just steals everyones credit because he has nothing better to do (

3) Our provider is SoftLayer and we're currently utilizing their Texas location - though we plan on expanding to some other locations eventually (blog post!).

If you have any more questions please let us know - we'll be glad to answer them. And I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased with our service *cough*no 40 hour downtime*cough* ;).

Cheers,

Cody

Cody,

Thanks for answering my questions, I appreciate that.

Aside from any issue, I'm mainly just interested in reliability. In fact, my ideal web host is one which I do not know the support personnel on a first name basis because I rarely have to put in a ticket.

I do like your SLA though. It at least says that you're willing to back up the reliability claims financially so if I lose money from downtime, you'll be more sympathetic to it.

I've read good things about Softlayer as a company as well, so that's also reassuring.

I think I'll take advantage of your March Madness special and give you a try.

Cody,

Thanks for answering my questions, I appreciate that.

Aside from any issue, I'm mainly just interested in reliability. In fact, my ideal web host is one which I do not know the support personnel on a first name basis because I rarely have to put in a ticket.

I do like your SLA though. It at least says that you're willing to back up the reliability claims financially so if I lose money from downtime, you'll be more sympathetic to it.

I've read good things about Softlayer as a company as well, so that's also reassuring.

I think I'll take advantage of your March Madness special and give you a try.

You're the kind of customer like :) As long as the servers are up and running and are fast we never hear from you. Actually come to think of it that's what the majority of our customers do now. Which is reflective in our not so active discussion forum.