Switching to IPB Soon

Tony

Maunal bots have been rare in the cases I have seen. Before question and answer we used to have 10+ or on some days more spam members a day, it's more like 10 a year since. Question can't be 2+2 or similar, it is something relevant (but not too difficult so no one knows the answer) to the site. For example soccer forum...type the name of the team who won last World Cup.

Of course, I agree IPB's Spam Monitoring Service described by speedturtle sounds really good, sort of a akismet type of service.

Is it possible to have an RSS feed from IPB? When HH was using VB it provided an RSS feed although it was slow and sometimes missed posts. I see the RSS icon next to the View New Content button but it does not seem to do anything for setting up RSS. I also see the RSS icon in the URL bar (using FF 3.6.3) but it also doesn't seem to do anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Is it possible to have an RSS feed from IPB? When HH was using VB it provided an RSS feed although it was slow and sometimes missed posts. I see the RSS icon next to the View New Content button but it does not seem to do anything for setting up RSS. I also see the RSS icon in the URL bar (using FF 3.6.3) but it also doesn't seem to do anything.

Any word on this? I recently switched over to HawkHost and like to throw network news into my feed reader so I can keep up with outages and planned maintenance.