Couple of small Client area questions

tekiegreg

1) I have some old domains that are long expired (short term projects that no longer are maintained) still visible in my Client area, is there an easy way to get rid of those inactive domains from my client area?

2) Is there a way to consolidate invoices around Domain renewals and hosting?  Try and move everything to around the same expiration date maybe?  So I send you guys one payment a year basically? 

Thanks, and keep being as awesome as you always are!

Good morning!

1) Unfortunately this is not possible, we need to keep the expired domains and services on file for our records / logs. As a result we cannot permanently delete them from your account.

2) We have some flexibility with renewal dates when it comes to hosting services but for domains those renewal dates are fixed by the registry and cannot be modified. What we can do is generate the domain renewal invoices early and manually merge them together. That would require a support ticket as it would be a manual process.

11 hours ago, tekiegreg said:

....   So I send you guys one payment a year basically?

If you don't mind paying a little ahead of time, you can do this already.

Using the "Add Funds" feature in the Client Area you can determine your anticipated charges and send it all in at once,
regardless of the expiration dates.

I have two separate services and so I just send in one combined payment before the earlier one comes due,
and it takes care of the second one a few weeks later..  There are still separate invoices, though.

However, that is non-refundable (as I understand it) and you'd be making payments in advance,
so you'd want to be sure you were going to renew before doing that.

14 hours ago, Brian said:

1) Unfortunately this is not possible, we need to keep the expired domains and services on file for our records / logs. As a result we cannot permanently delete them from your account.

Would there be a way to hide them in the Client Area display?
Something like "show only active services" option perhaps.

They could remain on the books without bothering someone who just wants to ignore them.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

I see that in the client area, you can sort the services by "Status".
That means you could put the Active ones at the top and dead ones at the bottom, a little more "out of the way".

On 1/22/2018 at 11:02 PM, tgonhawk1 said:

However, that is non-refundable (as I understand it) and you'd be making payments in advance, so you'd want to be sure you were going to renew before doing that.

Generally speaking that's correct, "Add Funds" transactions are usually non-refundable. We will make exceptions to this (say you add funds and then a day later decide you've changed your mind) but our official policy is that those payments are non-refundable. 

On 1/23/2018 at 1:11 AM, tgonhawk1 said:

I see that in the client area, you can sort the services by "Status".

That's the best way to sort domains currently. I agree that a filter would be nice so you can completely "remove" expired/canceled domains from the list but unfortunately that's not an option currently so sorting would be the way to go.