Draka

Speed up phpbb forum?

Recommended Posts

Added this is phpp config.php

 

$acm_type = 'memcached';

define('PHPBB_ACM_MEMCACHED_HOST', 'unix:///home/username/.applicationmanager/memcached.sock');
define('PHPBB_ACM_MEMCACHED_PORT', 0);

 

But how do I know if memcached is working? The memcached.sock is zero bytes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 2:27 PM, Draka said:

Phpbb 3.2.2 have been released.

Anyone knows how to enable memcached for it?

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2453381

As a minor feature addition, phpBB now also supports Memcached caching.

 

Is there a connection between memcached in php 7.2 and the one in application manager?

All the application manager does is launch a Memcached server it does not change your PHP extensions.  So if your PHP 7.2 does not have memcached extension enabled then you need to enable it.

 

On 1/14/2018 at 12:12 PM, Draka said:

Added this is phpp config.php

 

$acm_type = 'memcached';

define('PHPBB_ACM_MEMCACHED_HOST', 'unix:///home/username/.applicationmanager/memcached.sock');
define('PHPBB_ACM_MEMCACHED_PORT', 0);

 

But how do I know if memcached is working? The memcached.sock is zero bytes.

The socket is going to be 0 bytes as it's not storing data on the socket but in memory.  The way you'd test if it's working is actually checking if there is data in the memcached server meaning you'd need to use PHP/Perl/Ruby/Python etc. to do that.  Also most applications if it's not working tell you or even just get really slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tony said:

All the application manager does is launch a Memcached server it does not change your PHP extensions.  So if your PHP 7.2 does not have memcached extension enabled then you need to enable it.

 

The socket is going to be 0 bytes as it's not storing data on the socket but in memory.  The way you'd test if it's working is actually checking if there is data in the memcached server meaning you'd need to use PHP/Perl/Ruby/Python etc. to do that.  Also most applications if it's not working tell you or even just get really slow.

Thanks.

I searched google for a test script but I didn´t quite understand it...

Do you have a small php script I could test it with? Or maybe enter the code here and I paste it into a test.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 1:15 PM, Draka said:

Thanks.

I searched google for a test script but I didn´t quite understand it...

Do you have a small php script I could test it with? Or maybe enter the code here and I paste it into a test.php

Here's a basic example change username portion with your username.  It should state it's adding the test key refresh it then it should say it's a test variable testing Memcached.

<?php
$memcached = new Memcached();
$memcached->addServer("/home/username/.applicationmanager/memcached.sock",0);
$response = $memcached->get("test");
if ($response)
{
    echo $response;
}
else
{
    echo "Adding test key to Memcached";
    $memcached->set("test","This is a test variable testing Memcached");
}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now