EDIT: IRL SUPPORT HAS YOUR BACK AT HH (but if you are new, you will need them,lol)

novum777

EDIT: After recieving 5 star support ALL DAY long, with response times of no longer than 15 minutes per reply, I had to change this title to make it honest and accurate.  HawkHost live support ROCKS, but a small critique NOT of the people working support who are awesome, if you are new-ish to reseller accounts at the moment there seems to be an absence of a user's guide or a get started guide, like a few other places have--however, the IRL support is awesome, and the resources of the hosting itself are rock solid and fast, so you may feel lost but support is there to help and the tech you are buying is top of the line.

So i joined, and this is my first reseller account, and based on performance and reviews I had an easy time picking HH, and was really excited.....but then i had to install my SSL certificate (i paid for it not the free one) and the email they sent doesn't say that it links to an active page, and then you have to read three other articles to get the SSL info, but the articles are for older versions of cpanel (the pics don' match ) and the 'articles' don't tell you how to fill out the forms, like what server do I pick, do i put my billing adress, do i put the servers address, do i put my  website address...do i have to specify a domain...what if i don't have a company...and eventually after a few hours i try a few things and end up with an error message and have to file a support ticket (which I did, do they take a long time to resolve) and i feel like I went through a kafka novel, as the articles really don't work with each other...

so I'm worried...i have 3 domains already waiting to propagatge (from name cheap) but is support always a process of throwing a dart into the 'knowedge base" and hoping you get a good article?  I was really suprised that HH didn't have a user's manual or guide or at least an introduction to our cpanel or intro to reselling account, as I've head so much about the great service here...perhaps one already needs to be an expert at these things to be  HH member?  Honestly, please answer honestly, is HH not a good place for newbs?

novum

yes, I did send in support ticket, what I meant to ask, and did not do so clearly, is there a user's guide or some sort of manual for HH, and if so, could I please be pointed towards it?  I'm not finding the support base articles to be very helpful as I attempt to set up the domain names I have for my reseller account.

Thank you for your timely response...I had so much of a good response to offering HH server resources that I was already thinking of moving up to the next level...but I'm worried that I won't be able to figure out how things work in here, at least from the knowledge base.

If there is a trade market book that anyone would recommend,  that they found worked well with the set up in HH, please feel free to recommend. I don't mind buying a book if I know it will be very useful for explaining things. ( i had a few "how to" for reseller accounts but they didn't really cover the SSL issue).

Hoping everything works

novum777

I want to say that support responded to my ticket already, so I must give HH very high marks and a thank you for that.  It is a relief and if any potential customers are reading this, please know HH support does get back to you quickly!

Now if anyone could answer my second question, I'd be very appreciative, and hopefully on my way to successfully building up my partnership with HH!

novum

(second question)

"Thank you for your timely response...I had so much of a good response to offering HH server resources that I was already thinking of moving up to the next level...but I'm worried that I won't be able to figure out how things work in here, at least from the knowledge base.

If there is a trade market book that anyone would recommend,  that they found worked well with the set up in HH, please feel free to recommend. I don't mind buying a book if I know it will be very useful for explaining things. ( i had a few "how to" for reseller accounts but they didn't really cover the SSL issue"

Outside of our own KB and what you can find on Google there is the official cPanel/WHM documentation:

Guide to Reseller Accounts
How to create a cPanel account from WHM
Creating a hosting account package (disk space, bandwidth, etc)
Editing an accounts DNS Zone

As a reseller those will be the most frequent tasks you're likely to perform. Once you become comfortable with creating cPanel accounts from WHM the rest of the options became more familiar and easier to use. Past the initial learning curve you'll find most tasks become second nature as you use the WHM interface.

As you're also aware our support team is available 24/7/365 so if you have any other questions that can't be answered by documentation you can always ask us directly for help and guidance.

I want to add again that the support techs are VERY patenient and very nice...again if you are a potential customer you can count on support to get right back to you...

I'm not much clearer on what I'm doing, but that is not because of the people working support, but more that there really isn't a new user guide or new user how to for the reseller accounts --There might be for the other accounts--but LIVE support is VERY FAST and they do try to help   5 stars to the support personnel.

My 2 cents' worth is this:

The Knowledge Base here is very thinly populated, it's one area where Hawkhost is lacking.

However ...

if you Google search your question or topic, since this is a pretty standard Cpanel setup, you  can usually find your answer.
Often it will be in the knowledge base articles of some other host, many of which have better documentation,
allowing for some slight stylistic differences among hosts (and some substantive ones, too).
But usually the answers can be found.

But having said that, the hosting itself - and the support - here is top notch and, as Brian said,
once you've climbed the learning curve, you're in good hands with Hawkhost.

to sum up, Brian was incredibly helpful during the day, and Samuel was very very helpful at night...he deserves some positive feedback on his performance review in my book!  I've been at this literally all day with no sleep and brian and Samuel  helped get my hosting business off to a flying start when it could easliy have crashed and burned if they didn't take the time, and the personal interest, to make it work....sam even came in to the rescue when one help agent and i were having a bad personality match.

if you are reading this and thinking if you can trust HawkHosting, the answer is YES

On 12/28/2016 at 9:29 PM, tgonhawk1 said:

The Knowledge Base here is very thinly populated, it's one area where Hawkhost is lacking.

We're aware of this. It's been an achilles heel of ours for awhile. Some of it has to do with the not-so-robust knowledge base system we use and due to older articles from 5+ years ago. Hopefully we can clean this up this year and start having much better resources for users.

15 hours ago, novum777 said:

to sum up, Brian was incredibly helpful during the day, and Samuel was very very helpful at night...he deserves some positive feedback on his performance review in my book!  I've been at this literally all day with no sleep and brian and Samuel  helped get my hosting business off to a flying start when it could easliy have crashed and burned if they didn't take the time, and the personal interest, to make it work....sam even came in to the rescue when one help agent and i were having a bad personality match.

I know Brian saw this and so did Tony - I'll make sure Samuel see's your feedback as it really means a lot. Thanks for taking the time to come back to this thread and share your experience.

• 1 month later...

Setup is always a bear, if you think Reseller setups are crazy, try a VPS.  Six months into managing the one here I'm responsible for and I still wonder if I've got everything setup 100% the way it should be (but hey everything works so now it's just optimizing...)

But yeah Hawkhost support is right on the ball :-)