Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArinMelvin

Cloudflare does not work on root domain (without www)?

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

If I ping to my website with www, it forwards to cloudflare, however if I ping to my website without www, then I can see the server IP. I would like to learn how to set this up properly, I've used the cloudflare integration via cPanel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

Right now this is due to how the cPanel plugin works - we're in the middle of adjusting this so instead of using the CNAME method that it currently uses you can have both the root domain and www go through CloudFlare (with SSL).

Unfortunately we've found a bug in their plugin so we're in the middle of working that out with them - we hope this should be resolved by next week.

Sorry for the trouble!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cody R. said:

Hello!

Right now this is due to how the cPanel plugin works - we're in the middle of adjusting this so instead of using the CNAME method that it currently uses you can have both the root domain and www go through CloudFlare (with SSL).

Unfortunately we've found a bug in their plugin so we're in the middle of working that out with them - we hope this should be resolved by next week.

Sorry for the trouble!

Hi, thanks for the fast reply! Top notch support. Does this bug affect all hosting companies or HawkHost in particular?

And when you fix it, will I have to do some tinkering on my part or will it start working with the root domain automatically?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-12-12 at 6:28 PM, ArinMelvin said:

Hi, thanks for the fast reply! Top notch support. Does this bug affect all hosting companies or HawkHost in particular?

And when you fix it, will I have to do some tinkering on my part or will it start working with the root domain automatically?

This would affect anyone using the plugin as we do not change the plugin in anyway from the standard plugin Cloudflare makes for cPanel.

As for changes unfortunately we just don't know as we're not sure what Cloudflare are going to do to resolve the problems we've found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tony said:

This would affect anyone using the plugin as we do not change the plugin in anyway from the standard plugin Cloudflare makes for cPanel.

As for changes unfortunately we just don't know as we're not sure what Cloudflare are going to do to resolve the problems we've found.

Alright, does hawkhost provide a video or some material how to set up a website with hawkhost and cloudflare without the cpanel plugin (straight through cloudflare?)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0