Pre Sales Questions

rnc

Hi,

I have searched the forums and knowledge base which were very helpful in answering some of my questions (like e.g. whether you support SSH, IMAP over SSL etc).

However, I have a few that I couldn't find a definitive answer for:

1. The shared hosting professional plan at $7.99 says "starting at". Does this mean its a per monthly/annually etc price?

2. I live in the UK. Do you charge tax (VAT) to EU / UK customers?

3. Can I choose to have the hosting in e.g. Amsterdam ?

4. Finally and one of my main reasons for looking to move hosts. My current host only supports spamassassin and even with some strict configuration and a lot of filtering in Thunderbird a lot is still getting through. As I understand you have SpamExperts which may be a better solution.

4a) Can I get notifications of items that have been quarantined?

4b) Although the forum thread 6723-spamexperts-questions does help ; is it possible to access the quarantine via web interface or IMAP? What happens if the user access via IMAP and moves an email out of the quarantine?

4c) What about webmail (roundcube???) - will that work with spamexperts? 

5. Once a transfer has been initiated using the form mentioned on the knowledge base am I right in thinking the only thing to do is change the nameservers from the old host to you? 

Thanks very much

Nick

Good morning! Below are the answers you need, hope this helps!

1. The shared hosting professional plan at $7.99 says "starting at". Does this mean its a per monthly/annually etc price?

The $7.99/mo pricing is the per month price when you pre-pay 2 years in advance. The pricing for the plan per term is:

Monthly: $9.99/mo
Annually: $107.88 ($8.99/mo)
Biennially: $191.76 ($7.99/mo)

2. I live in the UK. Do you charge tax (VAT) to EU / UK customers?

We do not charge VAT on any invoices.

3. Can I choose to have the hosting in e.g. Amsterdam ?

You can indeed choose your location right on our order form. For shared hosting we have Amsterdam, Singapore, Los Angeles, Dallas, Washington DC, and Hong Kong available. (https://www.hawkhost.com/our-hosting-network)

4. Finally and one of my main reasons for looking to move hosts. My current host only supports spamassassin and even with some strict configuration and a lot of filtering in Thunderbird a lot is still getting through. As I understand you have SpamExperts which may be a better solution.

4a) Can I get notifications of items that have been quarantined?

You can't get realtime notifications but you can schedule/generate a user report that will include the emails that were flagged as spam and quarantined. You can also view your quarantine at any time through your control panel.

4b) Although the forum thread 6723-spamexperts-questions does help ; is it possible to access the quarantine via web interface or IMAP? What happens if the user access via IMAP and moves an email out of the quarantine?

You can create an IMAP account to view the quarantine and also drag/drop emails that get through our filter mistakenly into that quarantine so they're flagged as spam in the future. If the user removes the emails via IMAP the system would still have been trained but they would be permanently deleted.

4c) What about webmail (roundcube???) - will that work with spamexperts?

SpamExperts runs in front of the hosting servers so regardless of how you access email (webmail, local email client, any protocol) it would all pass through the SE filters before hitting your inbox.

5. Once a transfer has been initiated using the form mentioned on the knowledge base am I right in thinking the only thing to do is change the nameservers from the old host to you?

That's correct. Our team will handle moving your files/databases and then once the migration is done you would just need to update your nameservers/DNS to point to us.