multiple shared to a single reseller account ?

Is it possible to combine existing multiple Hawkhost shared hosting accounts into one new Hawkhost reseller hosting account?

Is there a big learning curve involved in transitioning from managing several separate shared hosting account websites to managing those websites under one reseller account?

Do websites under a reseller account get all the features they would if they were separate shared websites?

Would appreciate knowing what is required to do this if it can be done. PM me with any specifics.

The maximum time frame between the opening of any of the existing shared hosting accounts is approximately 10 months.

Mostly curious right now so I did not want to make a ticket yet.

With the reseller it'll allow you to do a separate cPanel account per site. The thing to keep in mind though you'll need to move add-on domains into these cPanel accounts. There is no tool available to do this and we try to avoid doing this because all paths and database names ect. change. So the person running the site is best to do it to avoid problems.

No real learning curve though it's like having a bunch of cPanel accounts.

...you'll need to move add-on domains into these cPanel accounts. There is no tool available to do this and we try to avoid doing this because all paths and database names ect. change. So the person running the site is best to do it to avoid problems.

No real learning curve though it's like having a bunch of cPanel accounts.

Well, Tony, how labor intensive is the process of moving add-on domains into a reseller plan's cPanel accounts. I have put add-on domains into shared hosting accounts I have w/ various hosts, but I am not sure if you are talking about the same thing. For instance, I think the majority of my current Hawkhost shared hosting accounts have multiple domains that will bring a visitor to the same website.

You seem to indicate that you guys, the experts, are wary of adding-on the domains. If you guys are intimidated by it,then, wouldn't the person running the site, who is probably nowhere near as knowledgeable as you guys, be ill advised to do it.

Again, I am not quite understanding what you mean, Tony. Say, for example, I currently have 5 Hawkhost separate shared hosting accounts up and running. In other words, say I have 5 separate websites on your shared hosting plan. How difficult and how long will it take for me to get those sites up and running under a single NEW Hawkhost reseller account, including the time necessary to do the add-on domains?

The most domains I have pointing to the same shared hosting website is, I believe, about seven.

Tony, I think you probably know exactly how many Hawkhost shared hosting accounts I currently have. Is there a cost to put them under one reseller hosting account? If so, what is it, how is it calculated? PM me if you want. Again, I do not want to make a TICKET just yet.

Incidentally, does SFTP and email work the same on websites that are under a single RESELLER plan?

I'm too tired I misread what you put I thought it was a single shared account with multiple add-on domains becoming a bunch of accounts on a reseller. Switching a bunch of shared accounts into a reseller is far easier since they are cPanel accounts already can just use transfer tools. So it is possible we do it just need to give us time as it would not be a priority issue.

Also one other thing to keep in mind is you're probably across various servers right now. So switching to a reseller is a single point of failure. So that server is down all your accounts with us would be down.

Also one other thing to keep in mind is you're probably across various servers right now. So switching to a reseller is a single point of failure. So that server is down all your accounts with us would be down.

Amazingly enough I did think about that and, correctly, assumed all my websites on the same reseller account would go down with the server on which that reseller account resides.

This has been one facet of reseller accounts that I think cPanel needs to improve. I used reseller accounts in the past as an easy way to manage multiple domains that are under my control but if I was actually selling accounts under a reseller plan I would be most unhappy when the server went down and suddenly I'm besieged by calls from angry clients. Better a few angry clients than most of them.

Any idea if cPanel is contemplating an improvement to all accounts created under a reseller plan to be disbursed among multiple servers?

Any idea if cPanel is contemplating an improvement to all accounts created under a reseller plan to be disbursed among multiple servers?

Clustering support I doubt will be available any time soon. Their windows version has it where services can be spread amongst multiple servers but nothing for linux. Linux version was developed single server so most services cannot be separated (only dns and mysql).

We do help resellers with this to a degree though. You can have multiple accounts and use the name servers for us. So you can operate like you have multiple servers. Of course you need to be able to afford multiple resellers for that to be possible.

...if I was actually selling accounts under a reseller plan I would be most unhappy when the server went down and suddenly I'm besieged by calls from angry clients. ... Any idea if cPanel is contemplating an improvement to all accounts created under a reseller plan to be disbursed among multiple servers?

The reseller server going down is a concern of mine as well, but it may be, in this particular case, that reseller hosting is still a reasonable choice for me.

Here is my question, though. You sound like you have experience w/ Cpanel reseller accounts. Did your reseller server go down and take all your sites down with it A LOT?

Here is my question, though. You sound like you have experience w/ Cpanel reseller accounts. Did your reseller server go down and take all your sites down with it A LOT?

It would be no different than our shared accounts 99.9% uptime guarantee. We monitor the servers the same and such. All notices are posted as far as maintenance and upgrades and such. The hardware is identical as well 12GB ram 8 cpu cores and such.

The reseller server going down is a concern of mine as well, but it may be, in this particular case, that reseller hosting is still a reasonable choice for me.

I have not had a reseller account with Hawkhost. Thus far the uptime I have experienced here at Hawkhost has been essentially 100%. In other words, the site monitor that I use to watch for downtime has never reported an interruption with a window interval of 15 minutes. It is possible that there has been a short interruption but I'm not aware if it has happened. I have had the occasional problem of not being able to access a site but the problems thus far have been network issues or problems with my DSL provider.

At a previous hosting company there were interruptions and all of my sites went down at the same time. In addition, the provider had DNS service running on the same server and therefore DNS failures as well. :( It really is a no-no to have a single DNS server but many cPanel providers do just that. Here at Hawkhost that is not a problem because they run DNS services on separate systems which is a very nice feature that they don't brag about for some reason. I give Hawkhost extra atta-boys for their DNS setup.