SSL and Google Checkout

roscoek

First, thank you Hawkhost, you are the best. Believe me, I have tried several.

Okay, my question is SSL and do you offer SSL certificates? Or, can I make one myself?

Google is making it easy to have an online store and provides the checkout. One requirement they state is:

You must provide the URL of a server running 128-bit SSLv3 or TLS

This is found here.

https://checkout.google.com/sell/settings?section=Integration

I am experienced in php but not online stores and check out. Is it best to use a Verisign, or do you have a recommended certificate company? Any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks KP

First, thank you Hawkhost, you are the best. Believe me, I have tried several.

Okay, my question is SSL and do you offer SSL certificates? Or, can I make one myself?

Google is making it easy to have an online store and provides the checkout. One requirement they state is:

You must provide the URL of a server running 128-bit SSLv3 or TLS

This is found here.

https://checkout.google.com/sell/settings?section=Integration

I am experienced in php but not online stores and check out. Is it best to use a Verisign, or do you have a recommended certificate company? Any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks KP

We currently don't offer SSL certificates, though you can get one from almost any large registrar. Verisign certificates are usually more expensive - you can get them cheaper from places such as GoDaddy. Once you purchase one for your domain you can install it via cPanel (submit a ticket if you need help).

And yes, you can make a self signed certificate, though it's frowned upon and usually isn't ideal for any sort of eCommerce - I would highly recommend just purchasing one.

Yes, I have seen SSL for 399.00 to 12.99. It is more investigation on my part, but it seems that is a large spread for possible unlimited. Just like picking out a host provider, I like to ask for others opinion. One example, I hosted with GoDaddy where the FTP was so slow, I had to change to HawkHost, had I asked around, I would have found HH in the first place. Just trying to avoid another bad pick. Thanks