When is a mailing list considered needing to be outsourced

tekiegreg

Currently I run a informal, opt-in mailing list for my Toastmasters club.  Which consists of nothing more than a Mozilla Thunderbird Address book with 20 recipients (and growing by 1-2/week) in a group contained therein.

At what point should I consider being more "professional" aka use the mailing features available in Cpanel, or outsource it completely such as through Constant Contact?  Thoughts?  Thanks!

I would advise using a mailing list software from the start opposed to back tracking later.  You could install PHPList via Softaculous and use that to manage your mailing.  My reasoning is we see lots of users start like you then they get to a point where users are reporting their mails as spam and they have no way to track the reporters nor any way for users to unsubscribe.  If you do it the right way from the start then you don't have to worry about those problems when the list is much larger.

I would advise using a mailing list software from the start opposed to back tracking later.  You could install PHPList via Softaculous and use that to manage your mailing.  My reasoning is we see lots of users start like you then they get to a point where users are reporting their mails as spam and they have no way to track the reporters nor any way for users to unsubscribe.  If you do it the right way from the start then you don't have to worry about those problems when the list is much larger.

Good to know, I'm not hugely concerned about Spam reports as I've met all these people at least a few times by now.  If any of them wanted off, they likely could walk up and tell me at some point.  Then again, some people these days.