Our newest plans and services

Brian

OK, so even less than industry standards... Shared Hosting Plus. :huh:

It's shared hosting on steroids! It's for people that have need more requirements than what basic shared hosting offers but they aren't ready to upgrade to a VPS yet... Basically in-between.

(correct me if i'm wrong HawkHost) :)

OK, so even less than industry standards... Shared Hosting Plus. :huh:

There are other host which offer all the above. Budget does not mean cheap and unreliable :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Could you elaborate as you're not making sense.

It's shared hosting on steroids! It's for people that have need more requirements than what basic shared hosting offers but they aren't ready to upgrade to a VPS yet... Basically in-between.

(correct me if i'm wrong HawkHost) :)

Exactly - higher resources plus a different build that utilizes SSD for caching on high-io partitions (specifically /var and MySQL).

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Could you elaborate as you're not making sense.

Which part do you not understand?

Shared > Reseller > VPS > Semi-Dedicated > Dedicated

This is typically the hosting industry standard. Semi-Dedicated is 1 step above VPS (or it should be) and 1 below dedicated.

You have it rather like a "shared plus account", which doesn't really make much sense.

YES, there are other host which offer all the above. Budget does not mean cheap and unreliable

Which part do you not understand?

Shared > Reseller > VPS > Semi-Dedicated > Dedicated

This is typically the hosting industry standard. Semi-Dedicated is 1 step above VPS (or it should be) and 1 below dedicated.

You have it rather like a "shared plus account", which doesn't really make much sense.

Yeah I do kinda see what you're saying how they said it is "Semi-dedicated" when Semi Dedicated is like a hybrid VPS, it'd be like someone calling shared hosting a reseller I guess they just picked a weird name for it :P

I am aware of one other host that offers a similar "semi-dedicated" package as HH does. I won't link directly to them but mddhosting have semi-dedicated hosting which are beefed up shared hosting plans. Then they have VPS hosting and the dedicated hosting.

Basically what I am saying is it is not just HH which are offering something like this under the name of "semi-dedicated". There is probably more hosts but this is the only one I can remember seeing a couple of months ago while looking around at other hosts.

Shakespeare said something once about "Whats in a name...blah blah" (paraphrasing, of course). On a serious note the details of the plans and the advantages are listed right on the site and so far everyone who has signed up has had a clear understanding of what they're getting. I can see where you're coming from, though the naming is set and we won't be changing it. IMO in this instance the name is less important than the service itself, and on that front all feedback we've received indicates we've done it right :)

YES, there are other host which offer all the above. Budget does not mean cheap and unreliable

Low cost VPS isn't our business model. Never will be. If it was our core business we'd probably be more interested in having a wider range of plans but we're a shared hosting company that offers complimentary services for a similar industry. We've never once argued that we can (or will) compete with cheaper VPS hosts on price.

Thanks for the feedback! :)