What's the best way to go.

robebrum

I have one website with Hawk Host now. Would like to develop several more. These will not be large sites and bandwidth will likely be low.

Questions:

1. Is it easier managing a handful of small sites using a reseller package or using basic individual sites for each.

2. If I go to a reseller package, can that package later be easily increased if traffic warrants.

Comment

Got my first site on Hawk Host about a year ago. They've been absolutely tremendous. I notice others seem genuinely happy too. They help us so how might we help them?

Noticed someone designed a favicon for them. How about a small logo plus "Powered by Hawk Host" which could be placed on our index pages. Perhaps there's a downside I'm missing. If not, why not consider it.

Bob

1. If you are the only person managing the sites, maybe with the occasional FTP access given to someone, a shared account with addon domains can serve you well enough. Otherwise, a reseller hosting account is the way to go. This also has the other obvious advantage that you can offer hosting to others with their own control panels.
  2. Not certain but I'm fairly sure you can easily upgrade to a higher plan whether you are on shared or reseller hosting plans

Comment

Got my first site on Hawk Host about a year ago. They've been absolutely tremendous. I notice others seem genuinely happy too. They help us so how might we help them?

Noticed someone designed a favicon for them. How about a small logo plus "Powered by Hawk Host" which could be placed on our index pages. Perhaps there's a downside I'm missing. If not, why not consider it.

Bob

We "help them" by paying them a fee per month ;)

Other than that, I like the idea of a "powered by" graphic. If no one else designs one, and if I have time when I get back from my NYC vacation, I'll see if I can't put something together.

The other question was answered and I can confirm whether shared or reseller hosting it's easy to upgrade.

Now as far as helping us out a great way is to post a solid review. We get quite a bit of traffic from sites like http://www.webhostingstuff.com/ and http://hostjury.com/ to name two but I'm sure there are others. More reviews on sites like these help us out quite a bit. Never hurts to post your thoughts in a blog post on your site or something like that.

Now as far as powered by logo's or anything like that. Just wait until we have a new site and everything. We're going to have a mascot an awesome logo and a powerful interactive site. I just can't wait until it all comes together.

• 4 weeks later...
The other question was answered and I can confirm whether shared or reseller hosting it's easy to upgrade.

Now as far as helping us out a great way is to post a solid review. We get quite a bit of traffic from sites like http://www.webhostingstuff.com/ and http://hostjury.com/ to name two but I'm sure there are others. More reviews on sites like these help us out quite a bit. Never hurts to post your thoughts in a blog post on your site or something like that.

Now as far as powered by logo's or anything like that. Just wait until we have a new site and everything. We're going to have a mascot an awesome logo and a powerful interactive site. I just can't wait until it all comes together.

I totally agree with Tony's whole post.

I any ETA?

I totally agree with Tony's whole post.

I any ETA?

Pretty soon - expect to see a fully done site in the next month or so.

We're very excited to get this rolling, it will be more informative and offer quite a bit more dynamic content regarding things such as our blog, forums, specials, and general operations.

• 1 month later...

It's tough to do when you are coordinating with a artist for drawings another person for the site design then finally having programming done for it and content created. There were delays on numerous stages resulting in delays for the others. We have the programming side basically done and now it's just a matter of cleaning up the content.

It's tough to do when you are coordinating with a artist for drawings another person for the site design then finally having programming done for it and content created. There were delays on numerous stages resulting in delays for the others. We have the programming side basically done and now it's just a matter of cleaning up the content.

Rgr that.

I Understand how the delays are.

Hense the time it took my new site to come online..

But, I don't know when exactly your new site was started :P

• In this business it takes time to be really good - and by that time, it's obsolete.
  • Brilliance takes time.

Choose one of the above.

Seriously, there's really no urgency as the current site functions well. It's better to have the new site properly designed, developed, and tested before it is released. Prospective customers could easily be turned off by a broken site.

Anyways, we had a glimpse of the mascot and it looks good!

• 4 weeks later...