Live Chat

cameranutz

You should be able to reach someone on chat between 10AM-6PM EST Monday through Friday -- there are periods throughout the day where we'll be unavailable (15-20 minutes at a time) though. That said you can always email our sales team or submit a ticket directly at https://support.hawkhost.com and you'll hear back within a half hour (if not sooner).

• 5 months later...

There is no live support. In the last two days, I tried at least two-dozen times between 10 AM and PM EST. The "Live chat" app always said that support was offline -- though sales was sometime online for a few minutes.

Phone support was the worst of the worst. Instaed of dumping straight to voicemail (bad), or keeping you on hold for as long as it takes (but only when phone support is staffed), It keeps you on hold for about 5 minutes and then just dumps into voicemail!

On the flip side, the ticket support -- while not as reassuring or smooth as some more-expensive hosts -- is very responsive, especially after normal East-Coast hours. They've always responded within minutes.

There is no live support. In the last two days, I tried at least two-dozen times between 10 AM and PM EST. The "Live chat" app always said that support was offline -- though sales was sometime online for a few minutes.

We were short staffed this week and as a result had to shift some of our folks around accordingly. As of this coming Monday (November 4th) we're back in full swing so you'll be able to reach us on livechat. Sorry about that either way :(

Phone support was the worst of the worst. Instaed of dumping straight to voicemail (bad), or keeping you on hold for as long as it takes (but only when phone support is staffed), It keeps you on hold for about 5 minutes and then just dumps into voicemail!

The phone provider we use, for some unfortunate reason, removed the ability to change the time to voicemail for an unanswered call. The feature has been requested and we've looked for a workaround but have no found one, short of changing phone solutions which right now isn't an option for us. We removed, to my knowledge, all instances of our phone # on any support related pages as we switched away from offering phone support. In our experience it really is much more efficient to receive support via ticket than on the phone for a number of reasons.

That said we do still offer phone support on a call back basis. If you'd like a return call we can schedule it for you.

On the flip side, the ticket support -- while not as reassuring or smooth as some more-expensive hosts -- is very responsive, especially after normal East-Coast hours. They've always responded within minutes.

Glad you noticed and this is up to your standards. Our helpdesk/email really is our bread and butter when it comes to support and persuade all users to look at it as their primary, most efficient means for getting a hold of us.

I just want to reassure you the issues you mention are known and we do our best to address/fix them. Thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback! :)

• 6 years later...

Hello, 

HawkHost, Team Please Help me,  One my site tcswebmaillogin which is hosted in HawkHost Multi Domain Linux Hosting, Today sites are not opening and also c penal too. Once i click one Cpenal showing Something went wrong. Please contact with support, Me also sent email to support, If there any LIve Chat support then please send me Live Chat support URL.

Thanks

On 10/30/2012 at 10:21 PM, Miker said:

I would like to voice my support for Hawkhost support.

As with most hosts, the first responders (sometimes called Level 1) are not always able to solve problems right away,
but since they do respond in a very timely fashion, with a little back and forth, problems do get resolved satisfactorily nearly all the time.
Usually that happens within a very short amount of time.

Most things I encounter require the "Level II team" to intervene, and then some real expertise gets applied and the problems are taken care of,
including even those which require a 3rd party vendor to fix something.

The bad news on that is, in my observation, the "Level II team" consists primarly of Tony, the CEO, for the most part, and sometimes Brian or Cody.
Gratifying though it may be to have the upper echelons of the company working on my problems, my concern is that the technical
expertise does not extend much beyond them, making the whole thing dependent on just a handful of people.

But nevertheless, for the 3+ years I've been a customer, I've been completely satisfied with Hawkhost products and support,
and recently began converting to 2-year renewals as a result of that.  The very low price for shared hosting is just the icing on the cake.