Which plan is right for me?

Venture

After reading some glowing reviews on webhostingtalk.com, I'm thinking about moving my sites to Hawk Host, but have some questions.

- Are the VPS plans managed, so that the user experience is very similar to shared hosting (from an ease of use perspective)? I know my way around my current host's version of CPanel, but mucking around in Linux is beyond me.

- Does Hawk Host have an inode limit? My current host has a 25,000 inode limit. I use Gallery2 on one of my sites, which is an inode hog (14,000 inodes just for the base installation).

- Does Hawk Host allow temporary site backups on the server, so long as I'm within my storage limits? I like to run a script to backup my site late at night. It keeps a rotating # of backups (deleting old ones), which I periodically download.

Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions.

Evan

Sorry about the long posts, but I guess question #2 would be which plan is best for me, if I go with Hawk Host?

- My sites (5 total, but only 2 that really get any traffic) used about 32 GB of bandwidth in the last 30 days, and use a total of about 12 GB of storage (assuming my current host reports it correctly)

- Site#1 is a family site, running Zenphoto and a Wordpress blog.

- Site#2 is new and the one that could see growth. It is a small community site (for a computer game). It runs Drupal, and has about 70 members now and gets about 30-60 visits a day, but growing fairly quickly.

- Site#3 runs Joomla and Gallery2. This is the site that is at about 24,000 inodes, and 6.5 GB of storage used on the server.

- Site#4 is my personal wedding site, running on Wordpress. It only gets a handful of visits each day, and will get almost none after the wedding in mid September. No photo album here.

- Site#5 is my fiance's site (running Joomla), which she has pretty much not touched in a year and I doubt anyone visits, but I'm too much of a coward to take down.

- Are the VPS plans managed, so that the user experience is very similar to shared hosting (from an ease of use perspective)? I know my way around my current host's version of CPanel, but mucking around in Linux is beyond me.

They are semi-managed which means if you ask for help we'll try our best. A VPS with cPanel is pretty easy to manage if you turn on automatic updates. Almost all tasks can be handled within web host manager so no need for the command line.

- Does Hawk Host have an inode limit? My current host has a 25,000 inode limit. I use Gallery2 on one of my sites, which is an inode hog (14,000 inodes just for the base installation).

We do not have a set inode limit, but I'd say if you were using 100,000 then it might start to become an issue. But we have yet to enforce any inode limits and I doubt we ever will unless someone becomes very excessive with their usage.

- Does Hawk Host allow temporary site backups on the server, so long as I'm within my storage limits? I like to run a script to backup my site late at night. It keeps a rotating # of backups (deleting old ones), which I periodically download.

We do not have an issue with this, but it's not recommended. When you need a backup it be much easier to generate one then rather than having them automatically generated. The reason being our backup system which keeps 7 days worth of backups for you will also be backing up these large backups. Generating constant backups is also intensive on the server and a large site it can take a significant amount of time if you're using the cpanel built in system. Our own backup system does give you the ability to restore files so having 7 days or however many you wish to generate may be a bit redudant anyways and tough to work with if you ever needed to restore some files.

Sorry about the long posts, but I guess question #2 would be which plan is best for me, if I go with Hawk Host?

- My sites (5 total, but only 2 that really get any traffic) used about 32 GB of bandwidth in the last 30 days, and use a total of about 12 GB of storage (assuming my current host reports it correctly)

- Site#1 is a family site, running Zenphoto and a Wordpress blog.

- Site#2 is new and the one that could see growth. It is a small community site (for a computer game). It runs Drupal, and has about 70 members now and gets about 30-60 visits a day, but growing fairly quickly.

- Site#3 runs Joomla and Gallery2. This is the site that is at about 24,000 inodes, and 6.5 GB of storage used on the server.

- Site#4 is my personal wedding site, running on Wordpress. It only gets a handful of visits each day, and will get almost none after the wedding in mid September. No photo album here.

- Site#5 is my fiance's site (running Joomla), which she has pretty much not touched in a year and I doubt anyone visits, but I'm too much of a coward to take down.

Sounds like you'd be best on our super shared package as your space requirements are quite high and super is 24GB while advanced is only 12GB.