asp?

JJ Qualls

I'm new to web designing, and I know a little of html and php, but wanted to start learning asp. I have made a very simple webpage but I can't just upload it like a normal webpage. When I do and I view the page in firefox it just shows up in coded text. What am I missing, can I not use asp with Hawk Host? Do I need publish the file a certain way?(currently using visual studio) I just started attempting to learn asp tonight so this is probably a noob question and I will feel dumb for asking it, but thanks for any info.

I'm new to web designing, and I know a little of html and php, but wanted to start learning asp. I have made a very simple webpage but I can't just upload it like a normal webpage. When I do and I view the page in firefox it just shows up in coded text. What am I missing, can I not use asp with Hawk Host? Do I need publish the file a certain way?(currently using visual studio) I just started attempting to learn asp tonight so this is probably a noob question and I will feel dumb for asking it, but thanks for any info.

You can run ASP on your own PC if you install IIS (Internet Information Server) on your Windows PC so it acts as a local web server. Haven't tried it myself but the tutorial looks comprehensive enough. A local web server is good for developing & testing out your code/design first. It's also much faster than an online web server. Once it's ready for production, you can upload it to an online web server so that it can be accessed globally.

Have fun! :)