Six questions

rebeka

1) Do you have raid servers for all? Do you provide me backup of my site if something happens?

2) Is there any limitation in the number of files or inodes?

3) Limitrecursion for pure-ftpd - can it be set at 4000 or 5000?

4) I have a nearly 30 mb mysql database ? How can I put it on your server?

5) Is this host sale-proof :) meaning many webhosts I have been with has done good business

and then either changed data centers or sold to a new company leaving customers in mess?

6) Any plans to add support for ffmeg like this http://phpmotion.com/content/view/43/189/[ remove link after you have seen]

Not essentail to know, but do you have multiple and your own supportstaff ?

Thanks

1) Do you have raid servers for all? Do you provide me backup of my site if something happens?

All our web serving servers have raid. As for backups we do not guarantee that the backups we make are what you'd want or anything like that. Pretty much what any host says when you ask about backups. We generate them in an attempt to minimize potential problems if we lose an entire array or something like that of course. If there is a failure we'd restore the site from our backups.

2) Is there any limitation in the number of files or inodes?

We do not specifically set a limit, however if you have so many files that you're causing extreme strain on our backup systems or even the server it self we may ask you to reduce the number of files.

3) Limitrecursion for pure-ftpd - can it be set at 4000 or 5000?

I'm not sure why you need this, but we set our ftp to the defaults and see no reason to be switching values to what I assume are for certain use cases only which probably do not belong in shared environment in the first place.

4) I have a nearly 30 mb mysql database ? How can I put it on your server?

30MB database you may be able to do through phpmyadmin, however if you are unable to you can do it from SSH or we can do it from SSH assuming you upload the database as a .sql file.

5) Is this host sale-proof :) meaning many webhosts I have been with has done good business

and then either changed data centers or sold to a new company leaving customers in mess?

Well, no host is not for sale if the offer was something absolutely ridiculous we may consider it. But I doubt we'd see any offer we'd consider worth while to sell the company so I doubt it would happen.

6) Any plans to add support for ffmeg like this http://phpmotion.com/content/view/43/189/[ remove link after you have seen]

At this time we have no plans in support ffmpeg.

I dont know if you care to hear this, but I have been with Hawkhost for a quite a few months now.

I found their service to be extremely reliable. I have a few monitoring sites checking uptime and only a few times has it been down.

I dont know if you care to hear this, but I have been with Hawkhost for a quite a few months now.

I found their service to be extremely reliable. I have a few monitoring sites checking uptime and only a few times has it been down.

Thanks for the kind words - glad to hear you've been happy with us. Hope you continue to enjoy your service :).